Why use a dynamometer or loadcell?
Load cells or dynamometers are devices that are commonly used to measure the weight or force applied to a particular object. They are widely used in various industries, such as manufacturing, oil and gas, transportation and construction and rigged with shackles, chains, slings and spreader beams.
When it comes to weighing large objects, Straightpoint load cells offer several benefits, including:
- Accuracy: Load cells can accurately measure the weight of large objects to 0.1% full scale, ensuring that the weight readings are precise and reliable. This is important, especially in industries where accurate weight measurements are critical, such as in the shipping and transportation of goods.
- Flexibility: Load cells can be used in various configurations measuring tension or compression making them suitable for a wide range of weighing applications. They can be used individually or in combination to weigh objects of different shapes, sizes, and weights. If working in hazardous areas special intrinsically safe models that are ATEX and IECEx approved are also available.
- Safety: Load cells can help ensure the safety of workers by preventing overloading of equipment and structures. By providing accurate weight measurements and overload alerts load cells can prevent accidents caused by equipment failure or structural collapse due to overloading.
- Efficiency: Load cells and data logging software can help improve efficiency in industrial processes by allowing for quick and accurate weighing of products or good. This can help reduce downtime and increase productivity, as operators can quickly move on to the next task once the object has been weighed.
- Data Collection: Load cells can be integrated with INSIGHT software or HHP iOS and Android app, allowing for automated data collection and analysis. This can provide valuable insights into the performance of equipment and help identify areas for improvement.
Overall, using load cells to weigh large objects can provide numerous benefits, including accuracy, flexibility, safety, efficiency, and data collection. It is important to select the appropriate load cells for the specific application and to regularly calibrate and maintain them to ensure accurate readings using only authorised laboratories.
For more information contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a comment