1. In what capacities do you stock the heavy-duty beam grab? 5 ton to 25 ton.
2. What would I use the product for? They provide an efficient method for handling wide flange beam sections and plate girders.
3. Can I use it for horizontal lifting or pulling? No, only use for vertical lifting.
4. Is the product suitable for use with longer beams or girders? Yes, it is suitable for longer beams or girders. You can use in pairs in conjunction with a spreader or lifting beam.
5. Will I still need to use slings or chokers? No, beam grabs eliminate the need for slings or chokers.
6. Does the product comply with ASME standards? Yes.
7. How many capacities are in your range? Three:
8. Does each capacity weigh differently? Yes:
- 5 ton—68 lbs.
- 15 ton—182 lbs.
- 25 ton—541 lbs.
9. What is the operating method? Lower grab onto the beam and, if necessary, lift tong arms to allow them to slide under flanges of the beam. When the clamp is lifted, its center plate and gripping tongs work against each other—the heavier the beam, the greater the clamping pressure.
10. Is the heavy-duty beam grab suited to demanding applications? Yes.
11. Do you stock other Caldwell products? Yes, a full catalog can be viewed here.