1. Are these pipe hooks sold individually or in pairs? Pairs.
2. In what capacities are the pipe hooks available? Rated capacities in pairs:
- 2 tons
- 4 tons
- 8 tons
- 10 tons
- 15 tons
3. How much does each pair weigh? As below:
- 2 tons—7 lbs.
- 4 tons—13 lbs.
- 8 tons— 23 lbs.
- 10 tons—38 lbs.
- 15 tons—56 lbs.
4. What can I use the pipe hooks to carry? Caldwell pipe hooks are designed for lifting and carrying steel or cast iron pipe.
5. Why would I buy / use them? They are designed to prevent damage to the pipes being lifted.
6. What colour are they? The pipe hooks have an enamel finish for high visibility.
7. What does it mean that the items are part of the Caldwell INSTOCK program? This means that they are just that—in stock—and ready to ship.
8. Are they manufactured to relevant standards? All pipe hooks are manufactured to ASME standards.
9. Is a data sheet available that shows shackle pin diameters and bolt-type anchor shackle capacity, etc.? Yes, on the product page.
10. Does the load have to be able to support it’s own weight under compression? Yes.