Constructed from high-quality aerospace grade aluminium, the RLP features an advanced internal design structure. This design provides the product with an unrivalled strength to weight ratio. The use of a separate internal sealed enclosure administers the load cell's electronic components with IP67 or NEMA6 environmental protection, even with the battery cover plate missing. All these features makes it an industry-leading dynamometer, suitable for use in the harshest of environments.
The versatile RLP is able to provide an update rate of 3Hz and can be easily configured to run at industry-leading speeds of up to 200Hz, making it ideal for dynamic force measurement.
Decades of development into this product include many stand out features such as SP's unique strain gauging method that helps compensate for wire rope torque when the Radiolink is loaded. The Radiolink plus tension load cell can also be used in combination with Crosby|Straightpoint ‘INSIGHT’ high speed wireless data logging software allowing for simultaneous control, display and real time data logging of up to 126 Crosby|Straightpoint wireless load cells.
A full array of wireless accessories are also available including wireless score board, overload alarm and base station with analogue (4-20mA) or 2 relay or RS485 ASCII outputs.
Features and benefits
- Proprietary 2.4 GHz Wireless
- Remote On-Off from handheld display or software
- ATEX Zones 0, 1 & 2 available
- Design validated by F.E.A.
- 2-year warranty
- DNV-GL Type Approval
- Complies with ASME B30.26
- Bluetooth option is available and is supplied with a free HHP App for iOS and Android
1. What can you use a Radiolink plus load cell for? The product is primarily used to measure weight or force when lifting, pulling or load testing.
2. Why should you use a load cell? The tool provides safe and accurate measurement of force or weight to 0.1%, while allowing the operator to stand at a safe distance from the load using a handheld display
3. How far can users stand away from the crane hook, for example? The product includes multi function SW-HHP handheld display with a wireless range of 2,300 feet.
4. In what capacities are the Radiolink plus available? 1-ton to 500-ton capacity from stock.
5. Can I use the load cell in extreme environments? Yes. It is waterproof to NEMA6 or IP67 and has an internal antenna. It is the only load cell or dynamometer available that is DNV-type approved. An ATEX intrinsically safe version for use in hazardous area Zones 0, 1 and 2 is also available.
6. How is the Radiolink plus powered? Four, easily-sourced, AA alkaline batteries provide a life of 1,200 hours continuous use.
7. Does the load cell arrive already calibrated? Yes. All products are supplied with a 12-month certificate of calibration and proof test—and include a two-year warranty.
8. Is it supplied with shackles? No, but we recommend the Radiolink plus is used with Crosby shackles—a full range of which is stocked in our store.
9. What is the Radiolink plus made from? It is constructed from high-quality aerospace grade aluminum 2014-T6, and the product features an advanced internal design structure. This design provides the product with an unrivalled strength to weight ratio and ability to withstand torque. The use of a separate internal sealed enclosure administers the load cell's electronic components with NEMA6 or IP67 environmental protection, even with the battery cover plate missing.
10. What is the product’s update rate? The product is able to provide an update rate of 3Hz and can be easily configured to run at industry-leading speeds of up to 200Hz, making it ideal for high-speed dynamic force measurement.
11. Does the product comply with ASME standards? Yes, it complies with ASME B30.26.
12. Is it true that the Radiolink plus is the manufacturer’s best-selling product? Yes, this is absolutely true. It is the best-selling product on the world market—and it’s our most popular load cell too.