The Straightpoint Wireless Compression LoadSafe (WNI). No longer hindered by troublesome and hard to maintain cables, large scale projects can be completed in a fraction of time previously required. Multiple compression loadcells can all connect wirelessly to our range of PC software via a USB dongle, to our iOS and Android app or to our SW-HHP wireless handheld display.
Maintenance and repair costs are all but eliminated due to the absence of cables and connectors, and the product's flexibility opens the door to a large number of applications in the heavy lift, energy, defence, rigging, shipping, and general transportation sectors.
Two versions of the WNI are available:
- Long range 2.4GHz version providing industry-leading wireless range of 1000m or 3280ft to SP's SW-HHP handheld or INSIGHT software
- Bluetooth output and can be connected to any smartphone running our free HHP app on iOS or Android at ranges up to 100m or 328ft.
Connected to our wireless centre of gravity software (INSIGHT) the WNI loadcell can be used to weigh and verify the centre of gravity of large and heavy objects which may not be evenly proportioned. The system will report weight on each individual loadcell, total weight and C of G in an HTML report based on ISO19901.
Straightpoint's Wireless Compression Load Cells are machined from high-grade 17-4PH stainless steel, providing excellent strength and corrosion resistance and making them suitable for the most arduous industrial conditions.
1. In what capacities is the LoadSafe wireless compression load cell available? 5t to 1,000t.
2. What would I use LoadSafe/s for? Used to ascertain weight or center of gravity of large or heavy objects such as transformers, modules, or industrial machinery at a safe wireless range of 2.300 ft. to our software or handheld display.
3. Can I use more than one load cell at the same time? Yes, they are typically used in a set of 3, 4, or more. It is important to think about how many load cells are required to spread the load. Also, what data is to be captured? Total weight, individual weight, and / or center of gravity?
4. Is the product ingress protected? Yes, it is environmentally protected to NEMA6 or IP67. Read a blog about environmental protection here.
5. How is the product powered? LoadSafe is powered by 4 x AA alkaline batteries.
6. How long do the batteries last? 1,200 hours of continuous use.
7. Does the LoadSafe product arrive calibrated? Yes, it is supplied with a 12-month certificate of calibration and proof test.
8. Is the product covered by warranty? Yes, two years.
9. How does a load cell work? At the heart of a load cell is a spring element, typically made from stainless steel or high spec aluminum. This component is key because it provides the product with its strength and returns it to the point at which it started. If you imagine a one-inch spring that is compressed to a few millimeters by a load, when that load is released it returns to one inch again. The principle is the same.
10. Why are load cells useful? Safety is enhanced when people know the weight they are dealing with. Load cells like this are used to calculate center of gravity, which is equally essential information especially where large or unusually-shaped loads are involved.