1. What is the capacity of this hoist? 600-lbs.
2. Why is it called a builders hoist? This name was given because of how common it is in the building environment. It is often called a wire rope hoist.
3. Can it be used elsewhere? Yes: it is designed for use on commercial building sites and in various construction workplaces, warehouses, storage facilities and factories.
4. Why is it suited to building and other environments? Its lightweight and compact design helps convenient mounting. The product continues to gain popularity anywhere the user needs to move their load quickly and safely. Note that the hoist can be rigged outdoors, but it is not rated to be used in the rain or wet environments.
5. Can I operate the hoist using standard domestic power supply? Yes.
6. How far does the hook rotate? A 360-degree weighted hook is fitted with a safety latch. The hook gives the user the added ability of better positioning the load when lowering.
7. What can you tell me about the wire rope? The hoist features galvanized wire rope.
8. What is the hoist’s lifting speed? The hoist offers lifting speeds of 52 ft. per minute.
9. What is the hoist’s height of lift? The hoist offers 90 ft. height of lift—as standard. The height of lift and operating speed combine to make it a very fast and powerful hoist.
10. What do the upper and lower limit switches do? Upper and lower limit switches prevent damage to the hoist and won’t allow the cable to run out of the drum.
11. Why would I choose the wireless versus wired version? Remote control allows the user to operate the hoist in a variety of areas and avoid any potential obstructions or visibility issues they may encounter. They must keep the hoist in clear line of sight when operating at all times, however.
12. How long will I be able to use the hoist? 15-minute continuous use means the hoist can be utilized in permanent and short-term applications.
13. Does the hoist come with a mount? No, but two are available:
- Scaffold pipe
- Wall mount