Choosing your OZ Lifting Steel Davit crane base
Once you have selected the right crane/s, there are a variety of mounting options that, again, are dictated to by the type of crane, lift and application environment. It might be that you buy a single crane and multiple bases for different purposes.
There are three types of base:
1. Pedestal - The pedestal base is commonly used on rooftops, where davit cranes might be utilized for maintenance or bolted to the floor in a facility. Users just mount the base where they need to make a lift and move the crane from base to base.
Pedestal base for a Steel Davit, 0.25t
Pedestal base for a Steel Davit, 0.5t
Pedestal base for a Steel Davit, 1.25t
2. Socket - Socket bases are used mainly in the back of trucks or used in an area where the installer will pour cement around the base to keep the surface area flat and offer high mounting strength.
Socket base for a Steel Davit, 0.25t
Socket base for a Steel Davit, 0.5t
Socket base for a Steel Davit, 1.25t
3. Wall-mount - The wall-mount base allows a davit crane to be attached to the wall of a facility to save floorspace, perhaps on a production line or at a workstation. Each base comes with a mounting template.
Wall mount base for a Steel Davit, 0.25t
Wall mount base for a Steel Davit, 0.5t
Wall mount base for a Steel Davit, 1.25t
- In all cases, it is important to check the capacity of the mount and its compatibility with the crane/s selected. One wall-mount will not work for all davit cranes, for example.
1. In what capacities is the steel davit crane available? 500-lbs. to 2,500-lbs.
2. Where is this davit crane manufactured? Made in the USA.
3. Can I choose between different winch versions? Yes: AC and DC power winch options are available.
4. What type of steel is this davit crane made from? Mil-spec, zinc-plated finish.
5. Are the cranes load tested prior to delivery? Yes: they are all individually tested and certified to 125%.
6. How far can the crane rotate? 360-degrees.
7. How many positions can I use the boom in? This davit crane has a four-position boom.
8. Does it come with a base? No: bases, cable assemblies, and headache balls are sold separately. Be sure to see base and other options. We have three base styles for the OZ Lifting davit cranes:
- Wall mount
9. Do you stock davit cranes from other materials, such as a composite version? Yes: the CompOZite davit crane is made from pultruded fiberglass, while the CompOZite-Elite crane offers even greater strength-to-weight ratio than its CompOZite counterpart.
10. Is there a telescoping version? We also stock the OZ Lifting Tele-Pro davit with telescoping boom adjustment.