Constructed from high-quality aerospace grade aluminium, the RLP features an advanced internal design structure. This design provides the product with an unrivalled strength to weight ratio. The use of a separate internal sealed enclosure administers the load cell's electronic components with IP67 or NEMA6 environmental protection, even with the battery cover plate missing. All these features makes it an industry-leading dynamometer, suitable for use in the harshest of environments.
Decades of development into this product include many stand out features such as SP's unique strain gauging method that helps compensate for wire rope torque when the Radiolink is loaded.
Features and benefits
- Proprietary Bluetooth Wireless
- Remote On-Off from smartphone
- Datalogging and reporting from FREE HHP app
- Design validated by F.E.A.
- 2-year warranty
- DNV-GL Type Approval
- Complies with ASME B30.26
1. What can you use a Radiolink plus load cell for? The product is primarily used to measure weight or force when lifting, pulling or load testing.
2. Why should you use a load cell? The tool provides safe and accurate measurement of force or weight to 0.1%, while allowing the operator to stand at a safe distance from the load using their smartphone and FREE iOS or Android app to read and data log the load.
3. How far can users stand away from the crane hook, for example? The Bluetooth Radiolink can transmit the load data to a wireless range of 320 feet or 100 metres.
4. In what capacities are the Radiolink plus available? 1-ton to 500-ton capacity from stock.
5. Can I use the load cell in extreme environments? Yes. It is waterproof to NEMA6 or IP67 and has an internal antenna. It is the only load cell or dynamometer available that is DNV-type approved. An ATEX intrinsically safe version for use in hazardous area Zones 0, 1 and 2 is also available.
6. How is the Radiolink plus powered? Four, easily-sourced, AA alkaline batteries provide a life of 1,200 hours continuous use.
7. Does the load cell arrive already calibrated? Yes. All products are supplied with a 12-month certificate of calibration and proof test—and include a two-year warranty.
8. Is it supplied with shackles? No, but we recommend the Radiolink plus is used with Crosby shackles—a full range of which is stocked in our store.
9. What is the Radiolink plus made from? It is constructed from high-quality aerospace grade aluminum 2014-T6, and the product features an advanced internal design structure. This design provides the product with an unrivalled strength to weight ratio and ability to withstand torque. The use of a separate internal sealed enclosure administers the load cell's electronic components with NEMA6 or IP67 environmental protection, even with the battery cover plate missing.
10. What is the product’s update rate? The product is able to provide an update rate of 3Hz.
11. Does the product comply with ASME standards? Yes, it complies with ASME B30.26.
12. Is it true that the Radiolink plus is the manufacturer’s best-selling product? Yes, this is absolutely true. It is the best-selling product on the world market—and it’s our most popular load cell too.