How to use
When used in the field, it will allow the user to monitor tension with exceedingly high levels of accuracy, which ensures that rope/cables do not become overstretched or break.
When using a capstan winch to unwind electrical cable from a reel/spool, you will be able to integrate the CableSafe within this setup to ensure that it is being pulled at a safe tension level. This helps the line maintain its transmissions capability, prevent it becoming a fire hazard risk, and it also stops the need of furthering work in order to remove and replace it. The contractor is gifted with decreased liability and dramatically increased peace of mind, using CableSafe on cable pulls reduces liabilities on cable installations. Ideal for the following applications:
- Measure tension when pulling electrical cables - protect against fractures or elongation
- Measuring tension on synthetic rope when erecting delicate structures using gin poles and capstan winch
Another example of best use is during the installation of cell phone towers or similar delicate structures. You will be able to use the product to help ensure structure-to-ground ropes, connected to a gin pole and pully system, do not exceed maximum tension whilst lifting sections of the tower to the top. There can be the possibility of the rope becoming snagged and cause greater tension to be loaded upon the system. With heavy materials being lifted to great heights; this would create a major safety hazard leading to a catastrophic failure with the endangerment of lives. Avoid the unknown through accurate monitoring, especially when risks are high.
What distinguishes it apart from previous versions of this type is the developed lightweight design that allows for easy transportation and usage. It also provides up to 500 hours battery life so that you can be assured that it won't lose power before your work day has ended. The high level IP67/NEMA6 ingress protection allows the product to be used in a variety of heavy weather conditions and dusty environments. These features, as a collective, means that it will be an invaluable and reliable tool in your work related armoury.
The five wheel design and gravity catches with top sheave pins allows for fast and simple rope attachment setup. The accuracy is also improved over three wheel alternatives.
When used with a cable/rope pulling device you can remotely monitor the tension on the line using your smart handheld device via a Bluetooth connection*. You will be able to locate yourself up to 100m/328ft away from the Cable Safe to allow you to survey job progress from a distance.
1. What is the cable pulling tension meter’s capacity? 22,000 lbs.
2. What would I use the product for? This running line dynamometer is used as a cable pulling tension meter.
3. What is the maximum diameter rope I can use the product on? 5/32" - 3/4”.
4. How is data read by the operator? The real time load is transmitted to the operator via Bluetooth to free iOS or Android HHP app.
5. Is the product ingress protected? Yes, it is environmentally protected to NEMA6 or IP67. Find out why environmental protection is important to load cells.
6. Does the product arrive calibrated? Yes, it is supplied with a 12-month certificate of calibration and proof test.
7. Is the product covered by warranty? Yes, two years.