1. What would I use the concrete pipe pick for? It is a quicker, safer, and cleaner method of handling precast concrete pipe.
2. Is the product available in different capacities? Yes:
- 1.5 tons / 3,000 lbs.
- 3 tons / 6,000 lbs.
- 5 tons / 10,000 lbs.
3. How does the product enhance safety? There is no need to reach inside the pipe and the worker can remain above the pipe at all times.
4. How do I operate / position the pipe pick? The tilt handle enables easy positioning and the lift arm is counter-weighted for easy removal (see question 8).
5. Can I use the pipe pick for horizontal lifting? No, the product is only for vertical lifting.
6. How much does the product weigh? Each size is different:
- 1.5 tons / 3,000 lbs.—10 lbs.
- 3 tons / 6,000 lbs.—18 lbs.
- 5 tons / 10,000 lbs.—38 lbs.
7. What size of pipe can I handle with the products? It depends on the model—each one has a different minimum pipe inside diameter:
- 1.5 tons / 3,000 lbs.—12 in.
- 3 tons / 6,000 lbs.—14 in.
- 5 tons / 10,000 lbs.—16 in.
8. How do I remove the pipe pick? Once the pipe is set, lower the pipe pick; the counter weighted lift arm automatically falls straight and the pick can be removed from the pipe. We often remind customers of the three-step procedure:
9. In what industries is the product used? Anywhere where there is a requirement to handle precast concrete pipe. It is popular with pipe and manhole projects, for example.