1. What is this product made from? Fiberglass
2. Does that make them lighter than other beams? Yes, they are lightweight and 70% lighter than other beams.
3. In what capacities is it available? Standard capacities range from 4,800 lbs. to 7,000 lbs.
4. Why is it called a battery lifting beam? Because its major function is for lifting batteries on assembly, production, and manufacturing lines.
5. Is the beam adjustable? Yes, this is a versatile lifting device that is capable of lifting batteries of different lengths.
6. In what applications is the beam suited? Many users utilize these beams because of their non-conductive fiberglass construction.
7. What is the difference between a spreader beam and a lifting beam? Lifting beams are typically designed for a bending moment versus the spreader beam that incorporates top rigging and is designed for a compressive load.
8. What other features stand out? Other features include acid-resistance, and coated polyester straps and hooks—as standard.
9. How long are the slings? Standard drop sling length is 10 in.
10. Is a fixed version available? Yes, in the same capacity range: here.
11. Do you stock other spreader and lifting beams? Yes, we offer a variety of lifting and spreader beams, in addition to other attachments and lifters from Caldwell.