1. What is the capacity of the radio controlled rig-release? We stock two models:
- 2.5 ton
- 5 ton
2. How much do the products weigh? As below:
- 2.5 ton—50 lbs.
- 5 ton— 115 lbs.
3. How does the product make my lift safer? The rig-release allows rigging to be released from a safe distance with a push of a button.
4. Can I use the product indoors and outdoors? Yes, it is even designed for rugged outdoor use.
5. What can I attach the rig-release to? The product simply hooks to your crane, shackle, sling, or spreader beam.
6. Does the load have to be a certain weight for the product to capture it? The lock and capture feature will engage with very little load.
7. How long does the battery last? The battery typically lasts eight hours under normal use.
8. Does the product come with a charger? Yes, one charger, and one vehicle adapter for standard 12 VDC vehicle outlets.
9. Is there a minimum required cycle time? Yes, minimum required cycle time is one to two minutes between releases.
10. What else does the product come with? An oversized bail for easy mounting on crane hook, while the 5-ton unit is provided with a fixed bail.
11. Do the products meet relevant standards? Yes, they are designed and manufactured to ASME standards.
12. Do you stock additional below-the-hook attachments? Yes, we stock a full range from Caldwell and other manufacturers.
13. Is there a manual version? Yes, view it here.