Choosing your CompOZite Davit crane base
Once you have selected the right crane/s, there are a variety of mounting options that, again, are dictated to by the type of crane, lift and application environment. It might be that you buy a single crane and multiple bases for different purposes.
There are three types of base:
1. Pedestal - The pedestal base is commonly used on rooftops, where davit cranes might be utilized for maintenance or bolted to the floor in a facility. Users just mount the base where they need to make a lift and move the crane from base to base.
Pedestal Base for a Composite Davit, 1200 lb capacity
2. Socket - Socket bases are used mainly in the back of trucks or used in an area where the installer will pour cement around the base to keep the surface area flat and offer high mounting strength.
Socket Base for a Composite Davit, 1200 lb capacity
3. Wall-mount - The wall-mount base allows a davit crane to be attached to the wall of a facility to save floorspace, perhaps on a production line or at a workstation. Each base comes with a mounting template.
Wall Mount Base for a Composite Davit, 1200 lb capacity
- In all cases, it is important to check the capacity of the mount and its compatibility with the crane/s selected. One wall-mount will not work for all davit cranes, for example.
1. What capacity is this davit crane? 1,200-lbs.
2. What is meant by ‘CompOZite’? This doesn’t mean anything in itself, but it’s the brand given to OZ Lifting’s composite davit crane.
3. Where is this davit crane manufactured? Made in the USA.
4. Can I choose between a manual or electric winch version? Yes: the product is available as a manual or electric winch version.
5. What comes with the manual version? This version is supplied with an electric drill adaptor that can help make some of the heavier lifts a bit easier.
6. What is the davit crane made from? Pultruded fiberglass, which is the same material of a high quality stepladder. It is the perfect corrosion-free material for marine and boathouse applications—on docks, barges, boats or as a jet ski or PWC davit.
7. How much lighter than steel is this material? About 40% lighter than steel.
8. And what is the CompOZite Elite made from? The CompOZite Elite offers even greater strength-to-weight ratio and is made from carbon fiber.
9. How many positions can I use the boom in? This davit crane has a four-position boom.
10. What does the ratchet screw do? The ratchet screw jack adjusts the boom under the load, giving you infinite range of lift.
11. How far can the crane rotate? 360-degrees.
12. Does it come with a base? No: bases are sold separately. We have three base styles for OZ Lifting davit cranes:
- Wall mount