Designed to replace outdated mechanical products still in the field this 14,300lb (6500kg) Dynamometer, the BlueLink is the latest SP product to feature our proprietary Bluetooth wireless technology.
The Bluetooth signal effortlessly connects to any iOS or Android smartphone that has our free HHP app installed and provides the operator a wireless range of up to 328ft or 100m allowing them to stand themselves in a safe position from the load with no requirement to read a load on the loadcell itself. The app will also allow the operator to log data versus time or on events such as over or underload and the adjustable alarm will alert the operator on their smartphone if any overload is occurring.
Rigged using industry standard shackles such as Crosby G2130 the Bluelink has been designed to minimise headroom (just 6" or 156mm from eye to eye) and its compact lightweight design does not sacrifice on strength with a safety factor of over 500%.
Fatigue rated the Bluelink is constructed from high quality aerospace grade aluminium and hard anodized it features an advanced internal design structure. This design not only provides the product with an unrivalled strength to weight ratio, but it also allows the use of a separate internal sealed enclosure providing the load cell's electronic components with NEMA6 or IP67 environmental protection even with the battery cover plate missing, making this industry compact dynamometer even more suitable for use in the harshest industrial or leisure environments.
The BlueLink is powered by four x standard AA alkaline batteries that provide in excess of 500 hours transmission time and its internal antennae ensures loads to an accuracy of 0.1% FS are transmitted safely.
1. What can you use a Bluelink load cell for? The product is designed to replace old fashioned mechanical dynamometers still in the field used to measure weight or force when lifting, pulling or load testing. As the product is wireless it allows the operator to stand a safe distance from the load rather than having to get close and read a mechanical dial.
2. Why should you use a load cell? The Bluelink provides safe and accurate measurement of force or weight to 0.2%, while allowing the operator to stand at a safe distance from the load using their smartphone and iOS or Android app to read and data log the load.
3. How far can users stand away from the crane hook, for example? The Bluelink can transmit the load data to a wireless range of 320 feet or 100 meters.
4. Is the app expensive? No, its FREE! You can download for iOS or Android devices and it even has a simulate mode so you can try the app before your purchase the Bluelink loadcell.
5. Can I use the load cell in extreme environments? Yes. It is waterproof to NEMA6 or IP67 and has an internal antenna. There is no external on/off switch; power cycling is performed via the app so the operator is not exposed to harsh conditions to use the load cell.
6. How is the Bluelink powered? Four, easily-sourced, AA alkaline batteries provide a life of 1,200 hours continuous use.
7. Does the load cell arrive already calibrated? Yes. The Bluelink is supplied with a 12-month certificate of calibration and proof test— and includes a two-year warranty.
8. Is it supplied with shackles? No, but we recommend the Bluelink is rigged with Crosby G2130-6.5t shackles.
9. What is the Bluelink made from? It is constructed from high-quality aerospace grade aluminum 2014-T6, and the product features an advanced internal design structure. This design provides the product with an unrivalled strength to weight ratio and ability to withstand torque. The use of a separate internal sealed enclosure administers the load cell's electronic components with NEMA6 or IP67 environmental protection, even with the battery cover plate missing.
10. What is the product’s update rate? The product is able to provide an update rate of 1Hz.
11. Does the product comply with ASME standards? Yes, it complies with ASME B30.26.
12. Do you have any other Bluetooth load cells? Yes, we have the Radiolink dynamometer available in capacities up to 500t and the COLT which is a load cell that is used to measure the tension on a wire rope. Lastly, CableSafe is a running line dynamometer that measures the tension of a moving electrical or telecommunications cable or a synthetic rope.